Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Critique and First Chapter Contest is On!

All of you have patiently been waiting for the Critique Contest that was to happen after I reached 1,000 followers. I haven't gotten there yet, but the number isn't important. I just thought it'd be a fun milestone to start the contest. That said, let's just get the contest under way now!

Mark your calendars: Next Wednesday, October 16th is the day to get in your pitches. I will create a post that morning and from 11-6 ET (8-3 PT) will be allowing entries. All you have to do is reply to that blog post in the comments section with your name, the title, genre and word count of your project, along with a two line pitch (children's only please!). I will not be looking at anything that is sent outside of this time frame. One entry per person please!

I will pick three at random and have you guys vote for your favorite on the blog. I will leave this part open for a few days, so you'll have from Thursday, October 17 until Monday, October 21 to vote.

On Monday, October 21 I will contact and announce the winner and critique their query letter and first chapter.

Also, for everyone else, I will read through all the pitches so some requests may also come out of the contest :) Keep checking my blog for updates and I'll also keep everyone informed throughout the contest as well via Twitter.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great contest! I'm off to help spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll be fun! I'll go share the good news too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. Preparing my pitch as we speak :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet mother! Time to prime the two line pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you accept picture book queries?

    ReplyDelete